Monday, October 15, 2012

she said yes!

I am ELATED that after 3 months I can FINALLY blog about one of the most exciting things I've ever done with my little brother!

On Sunday, October 14, 2012, Matt popped the question to his girlfriend of 3 years, Liz!  

Whoo Hoo!  Welcome to the family Liz!


I was honored when Matt asked me to go ring shopping with him back in July.  We have been on Matt for months to buy a ring and pop the question but he just wouldn't do it.  Then one day, out of the blue, he was like "Lets run up to Shane Co."  Um, hell yes lets go!  I never imagined that he would actually invite me along.  I was so nervous the whole car ride there and wasn't even sure he would buy a ring once we got there!  Dintelmann style, we pulled in about 45 minutes before the store was set to close to begin the search for the perfect ring.  I'm pretty sure we looked at less than 5 rings when he found "the one".  It was gorgeous; what I call a vintage/antique white gold band.  About three diamonds later, there it was.  The ring.  It.  Is.  Stunning.  It was all I could do not to tear up in front of him.  Here I was with my baby brother, picking out an engagement ring!  To my surprise he bought it- we paid and he was to pick it up the next day after the stone was set.  








I was bouncing off the walls the car ride home.  I wanted to freakin' tell everyone that he had FINALLY bought a ring.  Matthew quickly brought me back down to Earth and firmly advised me not to tell anyone.  Excuse me?  No one?  Not even Jeremy?  Um, no.  I had to tell Jeremy!  I just had to have someone else to talk to about it!  Not only was I not allowed to tell anyone, I had to keep this a secret indefinitely!  He still didn't know when he was going to propose and there was no forcing him to decide on a date!  To my surprise, and I'm pretty sure everyone else that knows me, I kept it a secret!  It was so incredibly hard not to tell my Mom!  I came soclose last weekend to letting her browse the pics in my phone and just stumble upon it but I knew I had to keep my secret for Matt!  

It was so exciting to receive the text from Matt with the pic of Liz wearing the ring!  "She said yes!" was what we were all patiently waiting to hear!  


I know I speak on behalf of our entire family when we say we are thrilled to have Liz as part of our family.  That fiery redhead is one of the sweetest, down to earth, little country princesses we've ever met!  She is a dream in the kitchen, sophisticated, and a down right delightful person.  She not only loves Matthew dearly but she has stolen the heart of my son, Gage.  He loves his "Uncle Liz" and is so excited about the weddin'.  

Thank you, Liz, for being the wonderful person you are and for taking care of and loving my brother the way you do.  And thank you, Matt, for choosing to spend your life with someone like Liz and for including me in one of the biggest decisions of your life.  You're not only my brother but one of my best friends.  I love you and I am so proud of the man you've become.  

No comments:

Post a Comment