Sunday, January 24, 2010

happy birthday matt!


So today is my little brother's 21st birthday! 21!?! I can't believe it! Where has the time gone? What has happened to that little guy I used to wrestle to the ground? The little guy that I would wake up at 3am and drag into my bed when I was afraid of thunderstorms. TIME FLIES.

I've been thinking all day about what I would say about my "little" brother and have come to the realization that he is little no more. I don't call him my "little" brother in reference to his size, I just call him that because that is what he has always been to me.

My Mom likes to tell the story of when Matt was born. She said I didn't want a brother and I asked to send him back! My request was denied and I was stuck with a brother- oh the horror! To be honest, that was probably the worst thing I could have ever asked for- sending Matt back! Matt and I have certainly had our differences over the years. We fought out in the front yard with our bicycles. We called each other names and yelled as loud as we could. We have even gone days without speaking. The truth is I couldn't imagine a single day without him. I should have stated in my first post that I had 4 best friends, not just 3. Matt is truly a best friend to me. I can tell him anything, depend on him, and trust him with my life.

So with today's post being all about Matt I must say again that my "little" brother is no longer little. I don't know when it happened, I can't pick a day when I looked at him and saw the change but I know that it happened a long time ago and there is no need for me to pretend like it never happened. He has grown up before my eyes and has turned into an amazing person. I am so thankful to have him in my life and I hope that our friendship continues to grow as it has for so long.

In closing, I would like to point out that I am not a bad speller! I am actually quite picky about proper grammar and am ashamed that I used "weather" rather than "wheather" in my first post. Thank you, Liz, for pointing that out :o). From here on out I will use the spell check provided by the wonderful people of blogger.com and will consult my husband for proper grammar before submitting my final piece. Thanks y'all for reading!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MATT! I LOVE YOU!

1 comment:

  1. I appreciate the kind words :) This has been the best birthday yet! Thank you so much for the gifts as well and that SICK cake you made me! Oh... and uh... you still spelt "whether" wrong bahaha Love you! MJD

    ReplyDelete