Tuesday, July 10, 2012

champagne taste on a beer budget


Have I mentioned yet that my husband and I are ELATED that we get to move?  We simply cannot wait to find out where we will be relocated and have spent countless hours researching all of the different areas we could move to.  We definitely have our preference of where we would like to go-  no, I'm still not going to tell you our preferences right now but I promise I'll post our list after we are assigned! I think we've really surprised ourselves with where we would like to go.

With that being said, my mind has been full of ideas for our new house!  My addiction to Pinterest has only grown and my boards are filling up quickly.  I'm totally in love with neutral colors and have a growing appreciating of "pops" of color.  I am obsessed with turquoise, gray, mint and coral!  Here are a few of my favorite pins for the home... 

gorgeous! wish i could decorate my house like this!

Dark floors. White trim. Warm walls. Love this.awesome color combinationinspiration: mint green.
I am in love with the looks in these homes!  But with a gorgeous home and matching gorgeous decor comes a hefty price!  I've been trying to collect small things here and there that we can take with us to our new home but it has proven to be quite difficult!  How do you buy things for a house you don't have yet with money you don't have yet either?  Most everything I want is ridiculously expensive to purchase new or would cost an arm and a leg to just buy the supplies let alone the time to make it!  I guess I'll have to continue planning my dream home in my head and through my Pinterest pins, sigh...  

I'm dying to find an old dresser that I can paint and refinish but I'm not having much luck.  I don't have $200 laying around to spend on a dresser that I will try to paint and my hubs won't let me paint our current furniture.  I'm a fan of the Georgia based business Southern Priss on Facebook and I HIGHLY suggest you check out her site.  She and her husband paint and refinish some AMAZING vintage pieces of furniture.  They even build custom furniture. (As soon as we figure out our house/moving situation I'm SO ordering a custom kitchen table from them!)  She auctions off her pieces on Facebook fairly often; first person who comments SOLD wins! Only problem for me is that she is located in Brunswick, GA;  I was lucky enough to win a gorgeous old farm table a few months ago and had to literally wait months until my step-dad could drive it up here for me.   Click here to visit Southern Priss!

My most favorite item that I've purchased "early" for our new house is this set of nesting baskets! Here is the original pin from Pinterest: 
floating tables, cabinets, and baskets.
I LOVE these and I LOVE the whole idea!  I spent about a month or so searching in stores and online for a similar set and finally found a set here:  Ventana Nesting Tote.  I actually found this set on my cousin's wedding registry so I ordered a set for myself :o)  (Thanks for registering for these Justin and Becky!)

I also found this mirror on Amazon.com that I think is similar enough the one in the photo I posted of the mint green bedroom.  I've ordered it and and I'm waiting on it to come in!  I haven't decided if I want to leave it gold or try to paint it white or a metallic silver. 

I hope you're enjoying my blog- I'd love to know what you think so please feel free to leave comments and/or feedback for me!  

Farewell Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment