Sunday, July 15, 2012

"A" list

Let me begin with a sincere thank you and apology for my last post.  I was completely caught off guard by the overwhelming response to my post about Jeremy.  So many of you sent me such nice and thoughtful texts and Facebook messages.  I truly felt all of your love and support and am so grateful to be surrounded by so many positive and uplifting friends.  I do want to apologize to those I might have offended- this is personal and simply a collection of my thoughts and feelings.  I do not intend to upset or offend anyone and I am deeply sorry if I have.


Lots of you have been asking about the infamous list of cities we have to choose from for our relocation preferences.  While I'm not going to share our list/rankings, I will share a few cities from the official list we have to choose from.  These are just a few of our choices...

Chicago
Omaha
St. Louis
Houston
New York City
Seattle
Los Angeles
Anchorage
New Orleans
Louisville
Norfolk
Pittsburgh
Tampa
San Diego
Miami
Atlanta
Dallas
Knoxville
San Juan
Kansas City
Phoenix
Salt Lake City
Birmingham
Denver

I randomly chose these from the list but I will let you know that our #1 is on this list.  As a matter of fact our #2 is on there too!  This whole process is so incredibly exciting and yet stressful and overwhelming.  Its tough to rank 56 cities!  So much thought absolutely has to go into this process- they will consider our relocation based off of our preferences so we have to make sure that we have it ranked correctly! 


I've said it once before and I'll say it again now-  I think we have really surprised ourselves with where it is we want to go!  Way back in the very beginning I wanted to list St. Louis as our #1.  I wanted to be close to my brother and my Dad and there was no way anyone was talking me out of my choice!  Well Matt moved and some other things impacted my decision and I've since moved it down on my list...  Then well fell in love with a city... Our hearts were set and we wrote down our list, in ink.  It was permanent, official, for real.  Well... not so much.  We thought Jeremy had to turn the list in his first week.  We're starting week 5 and he still hasn't had to submit it.  It has been frustrating but we decided to review our list and make some changes... Now we have a new list; it is very similar to the original one because we just can't fall out of love with this one city... :o)


We've decided to keep our preference list private because of so many negative comments about where we want to go.  We are looking at this as an adventure.  We have an opportunity to move to a new city easily with a GREAT JOB and amazing support system already lined up!  We are taking full advantage and choosing a city that is intriguing, exciting, and what we want!  While we appreciate advice, feedback, and personal preference we are sticking with our gut.  It is always easy to give advice but not so easy to follow your own...

The reveal date of our relocation has been pushed back and is now sometime in August... I am looking forward to FINALLY finding out and sharing our exciting news with all of you!


Until I blog again... farewell friends!

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to come visit wherever you all may go! :) Follow your hearts, and make sure you buy a house with a guest bedroom!

    ReplyDelete