Tuesday, July 17, 2012

thanks for the memories

Did y'all know our house is for sale?!  Of course you did, you know we're relocating!  The process of selling your house is STRESSFUL!  I feel like every time I turn around the house is a mess and I need to clean it again for another showing!  I'm not complaining that it is showing so much- I am thrilled that we are getting so much traffic trough our home!  What I'm not happy with is the lack of offers!  We haven't received a single offer on our humble abode nor have we received a single complaint about it!  I am so so nervous that we won't be able to sell and will have to rent it.  The thought of renting is terrifying!  This is more than just a house to us and I'd hate for someone to come in here and not cherish it as much as we have over the years....

Jeremy bought this house 6 months after we met.  It is a sweet little house that we have filled with so many memories over the last 6 years.  This house was Jeremy's first home and the first home we've owned together!  He proposed to me in this house and carried me over the threshold into this house.  We brought our son home to this house, spent our first married Christmas and family of 3 Christmas here.  We've celebrated all of Gage's birthdays in this house.  I've had two baby showers and we've hosted numerous cookouts and get-togethers in this house.  My Dad put down the floors in this house; my in-laws have painted the entire inside of this house; my brother has lived in this house and it has been a resting place for many family members who have traveled here to visit.  So many firsts have happened here.  We've planned our entire future from this house and leaving it will be bittersweet.

My heart is in this home but I know we're destined for bigger and better things.  While I'm sure it will be an emotional day when we leave, we will always have the memories we've made in this home and will take them with us wherever we go.
ignore the ahoy mattes sign, we're not pirates!

No comments:

Post a Comment