Monday, July 30, 2012

Happy Birthday Jeremy!

Today is my wonderful husband's birthday so I thought I would dedicate a post just to him! 
(wait, haven't they all pretty much been about him?!)

Jeremy is truly the man of my dreams.  He is an awesome husband and my best friend but above all else an amazing father.  I still get butterflies in my stomach when I am with him and I am still eager as ever to spend every waking moment doting on my wonderful husband.  He is my rock and I have been lost without him the past few weeks.  I've been busy the past few days trying to create the best "birthday box" ever to mail to him.  Usually I'm spot on with things that he needs and wants but this year was particularly difficult.  We've been apart for six weeks now and haven't talked about much other than our relocation preferences, what his training is like, and how much we miss each other.  Prior to him leaving we spent all of our time talking about his upcoming departure and buying all kinds of gear that he needed.  Needless to say this year, I had to get creative!
Jeremy's birthday last year.  Yes, that cake was HUGE!
I was able to come up with a few tangible items like a new watch and a gift card to his favorite store but I wanted a little something more.  Of course, I turned to good ole' reliable Pinterest and found an adorable owl handprint that I wanted to use to make something for him.  Gage and I headed up to The Madd Potter and painted this little plate for Daddy.  I know what you're thinking, cute but what will he use it for?!  My thought was that he can use it to put his keys, change, wallet, etc. in rather than tossing it all on the counter or nightstand.

this is the plate before it was fired! i love it!
The other gifts I came up with aren't as creative at that little plate... He has mentioned several times that other wives and girlfriends had mailed their guys homemade brownies or cookies so not to be outdone I spent a few hours baking his favorites; brownies and chocolate cupcakes with vanilla icing.  I wrapped the brownies and cupcakes in boxes with wrapping paper (first in wax paper and TONS of press and seal) and made a small icing bag filled with his vanilla icing and some sprinkles for him to decorate the cupcakes with when the arrived.  (No word yet if the pastries made it all the way there intact but I'm hoping they were somewhat salvageable!)
his favorite! 
He had also been complaining about being bored on the weekends so I bought him a deck of cards and our favorite game, dominoes.  I know, nothing spectacular but hopefully it will help pass the time.  I wish I had taken pictures of how cute I had wrapped everything and my out of nowhere amazingly awesome box packing skills but sadly I did not :o(.

hopefully they get the message... they are FRAGILE! :o)
For us, birthdays aren't about expensive and extravagant gifts.  What means most to us is the thought that was put into the gift.  I love love love when I say I'd like to have something in passing and he remembers and surprises me with it and I try to do the same in return for him.

Happy Birthday Jeremy!  I hope your day was filled with laughter and happiness.  You are my inspiration and I love you more as each day passes!  XOXO

Until I blog again... Farewell Friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment