Sunday, July 8, 2012

temporary single mom back to bloggin'

So its been a LONG time since I've posted to my blog!  Blogging has always been something that interested me and I find that I am reading a lot of other peoples blogs so I've decided to get back to mine and share it with all of you!  I want to share what is going on in our lives- where we are, what we're up to, and of course some of the projects that I've been working on from Pinterest!

As most of you know my family and I are going through some MAJOR changes!  Due to the specific nature of the changes, I am not able to fully disclose the details but our closest family and friends know what is happening!  




Jeremy left on June 17 for 20 weeks of training!!  I'm starting my 4th week as a "temporary single Mom" and let me tell ya- IT IS HARD!  First of all, I have to give credit where credit is due- I didn't realize just how much my husband helped me out not only with our son but with things in the house as well!  I am the only one here to do EVERYTHING!  I am the resident chef, handy-mom, bug killer, boo-boo kisser, dog walker, house keeper, bill payer, lawn mower, clothes washer/folder, scary dream calmer, bather, dresser of the kiddo- you name it and I'm doing it!  I never imagined I would be so exhausted or have such little patience after such a short amount of time.   

I have to give a BIG THANK YOU to my awesome Gram and Gramps and in-laws for helping me out with Gage and some things around the house.  I also have to give a shout out to my best friend Amber for lending an ear and getting me out of the house!  

Amber and I (I can't believe this is the most recent pic of us that I have!)

Gage and Maw-Maw and Paw-Paw

Gage and "Granford" (he made that up himself)

Gage and his great-grandma and Granna

So with about 16 weeks to go until Jeremy completes his training we do have some exciting things happening in the interim!  On July 25 we will find out where we will be moving!  We are ELATED at the idea of moving somewhere new and exciting!  We are so grateful for the opportunity that has been presented to us and have been doing major research on the 56 regional field offices that we could possibly be sent to.  We have ranked them from our 1st choice to our 56th choice and boy was that hard!  We have received a lot of negative comments from our family when we voice our opinion on where we would like to go...  I was even told that if we chose the region we were thinking of as our #1 choice that we would never make it and that we would fail if assigned to that area.  That was really hard to hear and really hurt my feelings.  We are making this decision together, just Jeremy and I.  We are researching all of our options and making a decision that fits our needs, wants, and desires.  It might be hard and we might struggle but we welcome the challenge.  Jeremy turns in our preference list this week!  The suspense is killing us!  After we find out our assignment I will post our top 5 choices but until then, its a secret!  



No comments:

Post a Comment